Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: DoS attack on Windows 2000 Terminal Server

From: "Diogo Fernandes" <dfernandes () realmedia com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 10:41:20 -0200

Hi, all

Tested on Windows 2000 Server (IE55, SP2) and Windows 2000 Server
(IE55, SP3). I do not have easy access to other
platforms at the moment.

Tested on Windows Xp Professional, w/o SP. The problem exists.

Workaround
- Remove all permissions from MSGINA.DLL for "Power Users", "Users"
and
 "Everyone"

We have a problem here. If you try to change permissions from
MSGINA.DLL, you get a warning, talking about to change the parent
permissions, too. As my experience is in Unices systems, what kind of
problems can I have if I change the permissions of my WINNT folder ?

Diogo Carlos Fernandes
Technical Support Manager

Real Media Latin America
www.realmedia.com