Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Local root vuln in SuSE 8.0 plptools package

From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht () suse de>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:17:28 +0100 (MET)

Also hi,

Hi,

There is a vulnerability in the plptools (Psion tools) package of SuSE 8.0
(possibly others; this has not been researched).

Please see attached advisory for more details.

Regards,
Carl

SuSE Security would like to thank Carl Livitt for his early notice to us
on that bug. Our update packages for the affected versions of SuSE Linux
(SL-7.2 - SL-8.1) are underway and should appear at the usual update
locations and via YOU (Yast Online Update) shortly.

Thanks,
Roman Drahtmüller,
SuSE Security.
--
| Roman Drahtmüller      <draht () suse de> // "You don't need eyes to see, |