Bugtraq mailing list archives

Monkey Http Daemon

From: Martin <broadcast () o0 dyndns org>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 21:17:05 -0300

After reading the PHP XSS "exploit" (I dont know if it qualifies as one) in phpinfo(), I found out that on the default page of the Monkey Http Daemon, there is a Test of Supports section. Two links are included:
http://whateverhost/php/index.php
and
http://whateverhost/cgi-bin/test.pl

index.php just contains 'echo phpinfo(); '

Also, test.pl doesnt check for valid input on the forms, so you can include HTML code, etc. Pretty useless, I know, but I've been reading posts about this kind of stuff, so I thought i would throw in this. Found this on the version 0.7.1 version, the latest one i found on freshmeat.net. I havent contacted the author since I dont know if this is really a big deal or not.

Well, sorry for bothering and I hope I dont get flamed or anything