Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Smoothwall Firewall SNORT buffer overflow

From: "William Anderson" <neuro () well com>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 02:03:51 -0000

Martinez, Sylvain wrote:
All,

Please note that the Linux based firewall smoothwall
(http://www.smoothwall.org) is using a vulnerable version of snort.
A patch has been released for the stable GPL 1.0 version:
http://www.smoothwall.org/home/news/item/20030305.01.html
However, no patch has been released for the beta version GPL 2.0
Mallard. If you are running this version you should disable snort from
the admin configuration panel.

A patch is now available from our website:
http://smoothwall.org/beta/bugs/mallard-005.html which disables the rpc
preprocessor in SmoothWall GPL 2.0 beta4.  We will include a recompiled
version of snort 1.91 in the next beta build, as was our intention.

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like