Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: sendmail 8.12.8 available

From: Florian Weimer <Weimer () CERT Uni-Stuttgart DE>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:26:17 +0100

Claus Assmann <ca+bugtraq () sendmail org> writes:

Sendmail, Inc., and the Sendmail Consortium announce the availability
of sendmail 8.12.8.  It contains a fix for a critical security
problem discovered by Mark Dowd of ISS X-Force; we thank ISS X-Force
for bringing this problem to our attention.  Sendmail urges all users to
either upgrade to sendmail 8.12.8 or apply the patch for 8.12 that
is part of this announcement.

Would people be willing to share filter rules for other MTAs to block
offending messages on relays?

Thanks,
--
Florian Weimer                    Weimer () CERT Uni-Stuttgart DE
University of Stuttgart           http://CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE/people/fw/