Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Speedtouch 510 DOS

From: "Kenny Gryp" <gryp () dakin be>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:23:12 +0100 (CET)

Speedtouch 510 ADSL Modem/FW/Router

We have been attempting to run NMAP and NESSUS scans using a new ADSL
cable link.  Using the ADSL modem mentioned above, we found that a
standard NMAP/NESSUS scan of an IP range would force the router to
reboot itself after 20 seconds.   Thinking this was faulty hardware we
replaced it with another brand new Speedtouch...to find the same
problem occurred.   Having talked to Thomson, they simply dismissed it
as faulty hardware....but twice?

Anyone else found this problem, or can they confirm?

A nmap scan with os detection can make the Alcatel Speedtouch Home
ADSL Modem reboot. This was found in 2002, but no workaround exists as
far as i know.

Xforce Database: http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/7893
Post on bugtraq:
http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/bugtraq/2002-01/0150.html

The router has a different name and looks different, but the routers
have similar specifications, so maybe it's the same router in another
box.

Kenny Gryp
--
http://gryp.dakin.be - gryp () dakin be