Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Ruh-Roh SOBIG.G?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:55:47 -0400

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:01:16 PDT, Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>  said:
So anyway let me get to the punchline. After SOBIG.F so nicely shut itself
down on Sept 10 according to its built in lycene deficiency, we all went
phew, and went to pay the silly bandwidth bill (while vowing to pour a
full beer on the head of the author if he ever turns up).

There's one box out there still trying to send me 80-90 per day with no
signs of letting up anytime soon, as it still thinks it's around October 15, 2002.

I could see an hour off. A day off. A month off.  I remember once case where
the box was 365 days and 4 minutes off.  But 11 months and change???