Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: base64

From: Bennett Todd <bet () rahul net>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:11:18 -0400

2003-09-25T16:20:46 Alun Jones:
-----Original Message-----
From: Bennett Todd [mailto:bet () rahul net]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 10:30 AM

Do all this canonicalization before the message hits your
attachment type policy enforcement and malware scanner, so they only
have to deal with the common forms that everybody handles the same.

With the obvious disadvantage that we're all reduced to using the
lowest-common-subset of functionality.

Absolutely.

Never mind inventing or supporting new features, or adding
international file naming support, in your new email client,
because the mail server will strip all of that out, anyway.  I
don't think that's an appropriate answer.

It's certainly not the appropriate answer for all settings.

Outlaw people from receiving email on Windows, and we can do away
with all this sludge.

-Bennett