Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: After Ms patches last Wed ...

From: Alex Cruz <alex () wislug net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:40:54 -0500

On Sunday 18 April 2004 09:42 am, plasmahh () informatik uni-bremen de wrote:

20 minutes and the 100% CPU usage never came down.  Another coworker said
he had the same issue with his home PC and he was eventually able to get
into the task manager and noticed that the system process was taking up
99-100% of the CPU.

A similar one.
When I login to my recently patched box, the start menu and everything on
the desktop isnt accesible, until I start the task manager and kill a
process, it does not matter which one...

 Question: Are these issues being seen primarily on Windows 2000 Server or
Workstation? Or both?