Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Squirrelmail Chpasswod bof

From: p dont think <pdontthink () angrynerds com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:20:13 -0700

All,

Replying to this thread using the web interface didn't seem to work at all, so... Please excuse me effectively starting the thread over, but wanted to make sure a follow-up got posted to the list. See:

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/360547/2004-04-14/2004-04-20/2

> Hi all
>
> There is a boffer over flow in the chpasswd binary, distributed with
> the plugin. This allow to local's user to execute commands as a root.

This problem (and several others that were really needing to be fixed) has been resolved and a new version of this plugin is available at the link below. Obviously, it is highly recommended that anyone using this plugin upgrade immediately.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=117

Matias, next time please contact the plugin authors, any of the SquirrelMail mailing lists, SquirrelMail IRC, or other SquirrelMail developers before posting.

Thanks,

  Paul