Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: SquirrelMail Cross Scripting Attacks....

From: Jonathan Angliss <jon () squirrelmail org>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:22:47 -0500

Hello Alvin,
On Thursday, April 29, 2004, Alvin Alex wrote...

SquirrelMail latest version (although is tested on version 1.4.2) is
prone to many cross scripting attacks that can be used to steal user
cookies.

[..]

Squirrel Mail Coders have been informed of this vulnerability but
the vulnerability still exists in their latest version.

PLEASE in future notify us before posting bug reports so we can ensure
a fix is in place... The 1.4.3 release which will be out shortly will
fix this issue, along with a number of other XSS issues. While we had
been notified of the issue, we were holding off on announcing the
issue until a fix was in place.

--
Jonathan Angliss
(jon () squirrelmail org)