Bugtraq mailing list archives

New google's top query?

From: "Jérôme" ATHIAS <jerome.athias () caramail com>
Date: 20 Aug 2004 09:18:36 -0000

Hi,

i don't remember to have seen this info here...

If information is knowledge and knowledge is power, then Google must be all powerful. I say this because of the thing
you can find on Google if you know how to look for them. A new Google hack has come to my attention that brings back
some information that is a bit troubling. I must say that it is also good for the more you know about something the
better you are to act upon it. The hack is this:

http://www.google.com/search?q=visa+4356000000000000..4356999999999999

When this query is put into the Google search, an idea of the brut strength of Google becomes apparent. You can find
things like this, which may worry you if you found your name on it.

IÂ’m not really sure if Google knows what it can do, but they take an interesting stance toward their provision of data.

Regards,
Jérôme