Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: BUG IN APACHE HTTPD SERVER (current version 2.0.47)

From: langtuhaohoa caothuvolam <trungonly () yahoo com>
Date: 3 Feb 2004 23:37:42 -0000

From: =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Andr=E9?= Malo <nd () perlig de>

Deny from all (in conclusion with some other) denies HTTP access on some
criteria. It doesn't suppose to protect against access from inside the
server.

Deny From All: In this way they can access from outside the server.
AllowOverride FileInfo (only): Apache must suppose to protect against .htaccess override from inside the server.
In fact, Apache should check for config permission again in the ap_process_request_internal() function.

I post this issue in the public mailing list, because I think this
vuln is not exploitable by a remote attacker. If something were
wrong, drop a line to me.

Next time, try a user support forum first. Thanks.

nd

I think it's a vuln, in fact I confirmed someones for that. Then I post it into a bug-tracker list instead of in a user
support forum. Thanks for your comment.