Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: New MiMail variant is DDoS'ing SCO.com

From: Bob Toxen <bob () verysecurelinux com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 19:38:36 -0500

I had no problem downloading CA's cleansing tool a short time ago.
My hat is off to CA for producing this tool and making it available
for free.

Regarding the SCO DDoS, it's so sad when a thief (of services)
decides to attack a blackmailer, in my opinion.

Best regards,

Bob Toxen, CTO
Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.
"Your expert in Firewalls, Virus and Spam Filters, VPNs,
Network Monitoring, and Network Security consulting"
bob () verysecurelinux com (e-mail)

My recent talks on Linux security include:
  at IBM's Linux Competency Center in New York City     on Mar.  06 last year
  at the Atlanta SecureWorld Expo in Atlanta            on May   22 last year
  at the Enterprise Linux Forum in Silicon Valley       on June  04 last year
  at Computer Associates' Atlanta Linux Security Summit on Sep.  16 last year
  at Southeast Cybercrime Summit in Atlanta             on Mar. 2-5 2004
  at the FBI's Atlanta headquarters                     on Mar.  10 2004

Author,
"Real World Linux Security: Intrusion Detection, Prevention, and Recovery"
2nd Ed., Prentice Hall, (C) 2003, 848 pages, ISBN: 0130464562
Also available in Japanese, Chinese, and Czech.