Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: PHP BB bug

From: Rich Lafferty <rich () lafferty ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:04:53 -0700

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 11:38:56PM -0000, sasan hezarkhani <gootiker () gmail com> wrote:

Hello,
i dont know if my foundation is acceptable or not but here we go i post it...

when u right an SQL query in the highlight section of the PHPBB u'll get all of the page highlighted
example :

forums/viewtopic.php?t=[NUMBER HERE]&highlight=Bug,SELECT * FROM $table

It's highlighting "Bug", "Select", "*", "From", and "$table". But "*"
matches everything. Try:

   http://forum.example.com/viewtopic.php?t=[num]&highlight=*

That's exactly how it is intended to work. Not only is it not a security
issue, it's not even a bug.

  -Rich

--
 Ottawa, Ontario, Canada    |  Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!