Bugtraq mailing list archives

mcafee dat corrupted? (was: Virus scan attack)

From: Diyan Christian <diyan () mitra net id>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:17:56 +0700

I'm using mcafee (linux) uvscan v4.1.60 with 4367 DAT, uvscan
dumps core even on execution of `uvscan --version`
(I'm using uvscan in smtp content-filtering).

Suspected of corrupted file transfer, I try to download the
DAT file again, but seems the DAT is corrupted from the source
(ftp.nai.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/).

Revert back to 4366 and it runs ok.