Bugtraq mailing list archives

Still Vulnerable in MSIE

From: Greg Kujawa <greg.kujawa () diamondcellar com>
Date: 14 May 2004 14:36:49 -0000

With the latest vendor AV definitions and all of the Microsoft Security Updates my MSIE 6 application still was
vulnerable to some apparent cross-site scripting exploit. I was hit with one of the many Agobot variants when exiting a
site detailing some IE vulnerabilities (http://www.hnc3k.com). The site exit led to a series of pop-up and pop-under

All of these site redirects apparently resulted in a www2.flingstone.com site dropping in a infamous.exe file onto my
computer. All the while I saw no prompts to download or execute anything whatsoever. All I did was close the windows
that were coming up.

Just an FYI since even the latest updates on all fronts cannot ensure peace of mind.