Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Titan FTP Server Aborted LIST DoS

From: Noam Rathaus <noamr () beyondsecurity com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 14:53:07 +0300

On Friday 07 May 2004 05:19, Gene Ken wrote:
Hi Aviram,

   I have some trouble with the testing of current exploit, the below
is my tested procedure:

1) In my test bed, the host side is winxp professional with ip_addr
192.168.0.2 (english, 5.1 build 2600), and the client side is redhat linux
9 using NAT in
   Vmware Workstation 4.5.1 build-7568 with ip_addr 192.168.92.3.

2) I have successfully Titan Ftp Server v3.01 Build 163 installed on Winxp
Pro platform. also the perl script u mentioned in ur article has
successfully executed like as the below:

/* on my redhat box, i use ftp to verify if the titan ftp server is
running, the
    result is the info as below: */

[gken@rh9 gken]$ ftp 192.168.0.2
Connected to 192.168.0.2 (192.168.0.2).
220 Titan FTP Server 3.01.163 Ready.
Name (192.168.0.2:gken): gken
331 User name okay, need password.
Password:
230-Welcome gken from 192.168.0.2. You are now logged in to the server.
230 User logged in, proceed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.

/* executing titan.pl script */
[gken@rh9 gken]$ perl titan.pl
Combination:
cannot connect to ftp daemon on 192.168.0.2 at titan.pl line 22.

    how to tackle this? thx in advance!

Hi,

The perl script written is hardcoded to port 2112, which is probably not the
port number your Titan FTP server listens on, modify this number with your
FTP Server port number (the default value is 21).

--
Thanks
Noam Rathaus

Join the SecuriTeam community on Orkut: