Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Incorrect reporting of the Bofra/The Register exploit

From: Florian Laws <florian () void s bawue de>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 13:18:43 +0100

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 09:02:28PM -0000, matt () welho com wrote:

it is not correct. It was not the work of a virus but a carefully
planned hack.

I am surprised nobody seems to care about the load balancer which
allegedly was compromised to redirect the users to the infected site.

Your site quotes the load balancer in question to be of "type FLB02/CP",
but I can find no information of load balancers of the type on the web.

Do you have some information about this load balancer and the exploit
used to attack it?

Regards,

Florian