Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: GDI Virus in the wild.

From: GuidoZ <uberguidoz () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:18:04 -0700

The FTP site that was hosting the files was taken down. If anyone
would like to take a peek at the files used (for educational purposes
only of course), let me know off list. I grabbed a copy.

I'd also have to agree with Gerry. This doesn't replicate or spread
once executed - it just exploits the local machine, installing a
trojan/irc-bot, then connecting back. Still the first of it's kind
that I'd seen.

--
Peace. ~G

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 15:45:10 -0400, Gerry Eisenhaur