Bugtraq mailing list archives

DHS Security Contact

From: "Jason Coombs" <jasonc () science org>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:13:19 +0000 GMT

Hi there,

Does anyone have a security contact at the Department of Homeland Security?

My past experience with CERT leads me to believe that real security issues that involve substantial threats rather than
mere infosec trivial risks cannot be escalated through CERT.

How do we communicate computer forensic evidence of more substantial security issues to DHS? The FBI will only take
tips and reports of imminent criminal acts, and what we really need is a way to work through security scenarios in
proactive security incident planning and investigations directly with somebody at DHS who has the necessary authority
and awareness.

Thanks.

Jason Coombs
jasonc () science org