Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: AW: PayPal "security" measures

From: "David F. Russell" <DFRussell () spamcop net>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 13:32:18 -0400

Michael Rueve wrote:

need it?  I can't contact them about this because they always throw up that
"randomly selected" screen wanting my sensitive info before I can even
email
them or leave feedback.

Has anyone here been able to contact this company and gotten
any reasonable response (i.e. some real and competent person,
not automated replies or replies that clearly tell you the
person responding did not even read your request)?

I have not - and that pertains to all 3 times I tried
to contact them up to now.

Maybe some paypal-person reading here?

It has been my experience that contacting paypal regarding anything is
an exercise in futility: they really don't read much... just send a canned
letter.

They will eventually respond ( months -> years ) if you copy the State
Attorney General for the state which they are incorporated in -- seems like
it was California -- but even then, the person is just trying to close out
a ticket.

Good luck.

Regards,
Michael