Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Problems with the Oracle Critical Patch Update for April 2005

From: "David Litchfield" <davidl () ngssoftware com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 05:58:38 +0100

Hi Cesar,
We always test Oracle patches against the bugs we have
reported to them just to be sure the patches work.
<SNIP>
(10.1.0.4) applied (we tested the patch on this system
after April CPU relase)

Yep; that's why at NGSSoftware we're absolutely thorough about testing these things. By only looking at one version, serious problems like this can slip through the net.

As it happens, after retesting, having used Oracle's suggested remediation:

exec sys.dbms_java.loadjava('-v -f -r -s -g public rdbms/jlib/CDC.jar');

there are _still_ problems. The new java classes are still not being loaded.

To properly fix the problem use the loadjava utility:

$ cd $ORACLE_HOME/bin
$ ./loadjava -user sys/password ../rdbms/jlib/CDC.jar

On all our systems executing the above solved the problem whereas the DBMS_JAVA.LOADJAVA procedure did not.

Cheers,
David Litchfield
NGSSoftware Ltd
http://www.ngssoftware.com/