Bugtraq mailing list archives

SQL Injection in Chinese ASP Webcounter

From: r_i_t_b_15 () yahoo com
Date: 19 Jul 2005 08:51:41 -0000

I found a vulnerability in a webcounter quite spread in China,
I was not able to retrieve its name (if someone could help...).
You can find examples of this webcounter by searching for
"StatDay.asp" (hourly statistics for a given day), "StatMonth.asp"
(daily statistics for a given month) or "StatYear.asp"
(monthly statistics for a given year).
From some URLs it is possible to download the whole package.
This software is written in ASP (there is also a PHP version),
and it has a SQL Injection vulnerability:
for example you can call the script StatYear with parameter "QYear"
[...]/StatYear.asp?QYear=2004
and retrieve the stats for 2004.
The input is not filtered properly, so you can send a request like:
[...]/StatYear.asp?QYear=2006%26%22%27%20union%20Select%20asc(mid(PassWord,1,1))%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%2Cnull%20From%20Infolist
as Infolist is the (MS Access) table which stores the informations
about the site being analyzed.