Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Cisco not honoring update promises?

From: rsmoak () cisco com
Date: 18 Dec 2006 17:53:30 -0000

Michael,

This message came to my attention this morning via your posting to bugtraq.

Apologies for the trouble you are having.

Cisco gives specific guidance in each of our public security advisories regarding software upgrades.   If the bug that
you are trying to obtain an upgrade for is documented in a security advisory indicating that free software will be made
available to resolve the issue, Cisco will of course honor that request.

Please contact me directly using the included contact information with the bug id that you are experiencing difficulty
with and I will look into it for you.

Thanks-
Russ

--