Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerabilites in new laws on computer hacking

From: FocusHacks <focushacks () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 00:07:45 -0600

http://www.pulltheplug.org/wargames/index.html

http://dusty.b33r.net/wargames.php

There are already dozens, perhaps hundreds of these sites out there,
if you know how to use a search engine.  "Hacking contests", "hacking
wargames", etc.

"King of the hill" type war-games are where the person who roots the
box owns the box and tries to keep everyone else from rooting it
(however, deleting user accounts or making it impossible to log in is
usually disqualification)

Why this discussion is even on Bugtraq boggles my mind.  This is
perhaps Security-Basics fodder.