Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Amazon phishing scam on Yahoo servers

From: Paul Laudanski <zx () castlecops com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 23:41:04 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the reply, I'm seeing all sorts of strange URLs being used for
the popular sites such as banks and ebay, amazon, paypal.  Amazing isn't
it?

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Geoff Vass wrote:

Other domains used for phishing I have seen are paypal-unlocking.net,
secure.commonwealth-banking.com and
citibusinessonline.da-us.citybizcorp.com.

Surely someone, somewhere, has to take some responsibility for allowing
domains to be created which are clearly and obviously bogus. Who could
possibly have a reason to register paypal-unlocking.net?

It's also interesting to "Google" the names of the people registering
some of these domains, I have seen a few who were famous for one reason
or another. I wonder if it's possible to register a domain with the name
George W Bush or F. Castro..

Cheers
Geoff Vass