Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Evil side of Firefox extensions

From: <salexander () frontporch com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:18:20 -0800

A lot of problems can be chalked up to user error but we all need to
face the fact that users do not click No.  People are conditioned to
just click Yes/Ok/Next no matter what; even when they know better.  Even
home users would be better off with the feature enabled.  If they had to
enter a password, they'd at least have to think for two seconds before
they installed the extension.

In an office environment, administrators could prevent most users from
installing their own extensions (although determined users might find a
way).

Steven