Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Cantv/Movilnet's Web SMS vulnerability.

From: raven <locrideweb () libero it>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:10:45 +0200

Bugtraq @ SNSecurity wrote:

Quick Summary:

Product : Movilnet's Web SMS.
Version : In-production versions.
Vendor : Movilnet - http://www.movilnet.com.ve/
Class : Remote
Criticality : High
Operating System(s) : N/A.
[snip]
Proof Of Concept Status

No proof of Concept will be released until the provider has sorted out the
issue.
A first impact Proof of Concept is to use imagemagick tools with gocr to have a good image. I've used colors level input: 31 0.11 160 (you can use gimp too to see the effects) to have a white background and black (or most like black :P) foreground. Later i've used gocr with djpeg in pipe (see gocr -h to understand better) and i've obtained the famous number. I've already writed a perl software to send sms to cantv mobiles and not is soo hard to implement this last operations, but not is public this latest version because i do for myself.

Credits

This vulnerability was discovered by Ruben Recabarren and Leandro Leoncini
at SNSecurity's Research Lab.

Good work, to the advisors. But i think that everyone that have a not so insane mind can understand the CanTv stupidity of this captcha implementation.