Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: phpBB 2.0.20 Full Path Disclosure and SQL Errors

From: Maksymilian Arciemowicz <max () jestsuper pl>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:30:38 +0200

On Monday 08 May 2006 04:49, you wrote:
You state these problems exist at php.net and elsewhere, so why is the
subject titled phpbb?  php.net even recommends that for production sites
displaying of errors is discouraged.  I'm unsure how your report brings
anything new as you specify the valid use of debug and displaying of
errors which are already well known.

"Full Path Disclosure" isn't a risk but many systems of PHP or important sites
are vulnerable to this issues. Of course it is possible to turn off
display_errors but it isn't changing the fact, that issues should not be. It
is typical "Full Path Disclosure".
Yesterday I received the confirmation from phpBB about the acceptance of these
bug.
PHP is a specific language and are many different possibilities to show full
path. I will public note about this bugs.

--
pub   1024D/7FDF4CEE 2005-09-21
uid                  Maksymilian Arciemowicz (cXIb8O3) <max () jestsuper pl>