Bugtraq mailing list archives

LedgerSMB 1.2.0 finally released, fixes CVE-2006-5589

From: Chris Travers <chris () metatrontech com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:16:07 -0700

LedgerSMB 1.2.0 has been released, completing a comprehensive SQL injection audit of the code inherited from SQL-Ledger. Numerous SQL injection issues were fixed. In fact, most fields were not properly quoted and escaped. These problems should affect all known versions of SQL-Ledger as well. The fix was delayed because the scale of the changes made required extensive testing-- these were not trivial changes.

Users are advised to upgrade as soon as possible. However, one should also note that (as we have documented in our manual), user permissions are not yet strictly enforced. Therefore, the current recommendation that database user accounts are used to enforce privilege separation still holds.

Those who maintain security advisory lists should list CVE-2006-5589 as now officially closed for LedgerSMB, though it is likely to remain open for SQL-Ledger.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers