Bugtraq mailing list archives

TWOVB][ The Week Of Vista Bugs: the truth is out there

From: TWOVB Team <twovb () securinfos info>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 08:49:24 +0200

Hi,

we now want to stop the game.
The WOVB was an April fool.

Many people will be disappointed and will flame, we understand that.
SORRY

It was designed for educational purpose, for the IT Media and no-expert people, to remember that:
* the human factor is the most dangerous vector of risk/attack in security
* the evil could be everywhere, so take care
* as the experts do; only rely on real facts, proof of concept, things you can verify (be suspicious before to be excited)

The experts should have quickly detected our infamy.
So please, read this, and at least the conclusion and/or links at the end of the page:
https://www.securinfos.info/english/the-week-of-vista-bugs-the-truth.php

If you don't know these words: hoax, phishing, social engineering
please read and learn from wikipedia!

Again, our apologizes
We hope some people would find this a little bit interesting

PS: don't flame the moderators; they just do an awesome work! dealing with a lot of e-mails/spam every day. So thank you guys for this.