Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [Full-disclosure] A Botted Fortune 500 a Day

From: "Steven Adair" <steven () securityzone org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:44:24 -0500 (EST)

Is this in anyway surprising?  I think we all know the answer is no.  Many
Fortune 500 companies have more employees than some ISPs have customers.
Should we really expect differently?

Also, as a side note, I would like to add that just because SPAM is coming
from a certain gateway does not necessarily mean that the machines on
their network are infected.  We could assume this, but then again I would
have to assume Microsoft's network is full of bots because I get SPAM
originating from Hotmail.com.  It might be logical and in many cases to
assume this, but it's worth noting this may not be the case.

Steven

Support Intelligence releases daily reports on different fortune 500
companies which are heavily affected by the botnet problem, with many
compromised machines on their networks.

You can find more information on their blog:
http://blog.support-intelligence.com/

They are good people, and they know botnets.

      Gadi.