Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Sourceforge compromized?

From: Tim <tim-security () sentinelchicken org>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:30:45 -0500

Could someone from sourceforge.net comment? What else is compromised on
the server?

Can just anyone post anything to any directory or are there specific
directories that can be hacked?

Is it just yapig.sourceforge.net?

If you look here:

  http://yapig.sourceforge.net/

You'll see the following list of vulns recently fixed in this image
gallery project:

* Vulnerability: Cross site scripting on add comment form (#1230491)
* Vulnerability: Save plain text login information in cookies (#1230491)
* Vulnerability: Arbitrary directory removal on upload.php (#1230491)
* Vulnerability: Extension checks on upload.php (#1230491)
* Vulnerability: Arbitrary file Inclusion global.php and last_gallery.php (#1230491)
* Vulnerability: Cross-site Scripting (#1230491)
* Vulnerability: Information disclosure in phid argument of view.php and slideshow.php (#1230491)

Yeah, so their demo site is compromised through one of these, or another
yet to be published.  Have you tried to let the project owner know?

Either case, I should suggest everyone be careful about what you
download from sourceforge till they do a full code audit and post the
results here.

I would hope that sourceforge has decent cross-project segmentation by
now...

tim

PS- next time you start a new thread on lists, could you avoid
responding to messages on completely different threads?  I realize that
some mail clients still don't support the interpretation of threading
headers, but many of ours do.