Bugtraq mailing list archives

RE: Re[2]: Solaris telnet vulnberability - how many on your network?

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:55:24 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Roger A. Grimes wrote:
Spectulation over whether Microsoft, Sun, or any other vendor
intentionally put in backdoors just makes our industry seem
unprofessional. The likelihood that either vendor did is near zero.

Although we ruled this out with Sun's full disclosure (almost completely,
never say 100% in security), no one was accusing Sun.

This is a very important issue: a backdoor does not need to be put there
by the builder.

Example: Linux kernel and two lines of code.

        Gadi.