Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Firefox: about:blank is phisher's best friend

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf () dione ids pl>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 22:16:27 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 zonafirefox () gmail com wrote:

I tested it in IE7 and has the same problem. Opera 9.10 blocks the
opening of the new window but fails in the second button.

With MSIE7, it is possible only if you check 'Allow websites to open
windows without address or status bar' for that particular zone;
otherwise, all windows will have a minimal URL bar attached.

I'm not sure whether this setting is default - if it is, yeah, that'd be
bad for MSIE.

As far as Opera is concerned - by default, Javascript can't hide address
bars, and if you change this option, the originating URL is still
displayed.

/mz