Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Jboss vulnerability

From: Harry Hoffman <hhoffman () ip-solutions net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:30:35 -0500

Hi,

Hopefully this will help some of those with mis-configured jboss
security. Although, IMHO, jboss should limit access out of the box :-(

This is due to improperly configured admin access to jboss.

The console and web mgmt are meant to be locked down but are not done so
by default.

The following directories should either be removed or have access
limitations:

$JBOSS_HOME/server/*/deploy/jmx-console.war
$JBOSS_HOME/server/*/deploy/management
$JBOSS_HOME/server/*/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat55.sar/ROOT.war

See, http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=SecureTheJmxConsole, for
further information.

Cheers,
Harry

dexie () tsn cc wrote:
Just fired this off to USCERT, not pretty.