Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [Full-disclosure] Firefox bookmark cross-domain surfing vulnerability

From: Daniel Veditz <dveditz () cruzio com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 17:23:13 -0800

pdp (architect) wrote:
However, here is an interesting thought for you: instead of asking the
user into bookmarking a page you can supply the bookmark directly to
their browser by using Live Bookmarks. So, a mainstream attack will be
when a SPLOG network injects malicious links into their feeds. If
someone happens to be subscribed to this network with a Live Bookmark
and they click on it... well you know.

I haven't tested this, although it should work.

It doesn't work -- thankfully we thought of that back when we implemented
Live Bookmarks in Firefox 1.0