Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Vendor guidelines regarding security contacts

From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley () linus mitre org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 17:34:46 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Ben Bucksch wrote:

Steven M. Christey wrote:
The US Department of Homeland Security's "Vulnerability Disclosure
Framework" document here:

  http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/vdwgreport.pdf

*cough*

Full Disclosure Policy (RFPolicy) v2.0
http://www.wiretrip.net/rfp/policy.html

I specifically omitted this as well as the IETF proposal from me and Chris
Wysopal, because a vendor is more likely to respond to something from the
Dept. of Homeland Security or big-name vendors, than a document written by
a pseudonymous individual who might be well-known within the industry, but
not outside of it.  Like it or not, the use of nyms can breed mistrust or
credibility questions.  There is no doubt that RFP's policy was
influential and still relevant today; my omission was strategic in nature.

- Steve