Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Ipswitch WS_FTP 2007 Professional "wsftpurl" access violation vulnerability

From: 3APA3A <3APA3A () SECURITY NNOV RU>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 01:03:02 +0300

Dear sapheal () hack pl,

shp> conditions.  However, as the issue involves the control that is not
shp> marked  safe  for  scripting  nor  for initialization, it cannot be
shp> exploited  remotely.  Moreover, as for know I have not proved it is
shp> exploitable.

shp> Unhandled exception at 0x7c840a81 in wsftpurl.exe:
shp> 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x41414141.

shp> In order to analyze the vulnerability one might execute
shp> wsftpurl.exe with a long argument.

Pretending  this  vulnerability  IS exploitable, what is security impact
from  it? What can you achieve by exploiting this vulnerability you cant
archive without it?

--
~/ZARAZA
http://www.security.nnov.ru/