Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Your Opinion

From: Casper.Dik () Sun COM
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 23:19:58 +0100

I have heard the comment "It's a huge conflict of interest" for one company
to provide both an operating platform and a security platform" made by John
Thompson (CEO Symantec) many times from many different people.  See article
below.

"There goes our business model.", said John Thompson.

The Microsoft mono culture has distinct advantages and has made
quite a few people rich.  But in the end, if Micrsoft does not buy
your business but feels it needs to provide a product like your,
you're toast.  (At least, that part of your business is)

Casper