Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re[2]: Microsoft FTP Client Multiple Bufferoverflow Vulnerability

From: "Matthew Leeds" <mleeds () theleeds net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 16:18:25 -0800

Given the past issues with .zip and .rar unpackers, unpacking an archive should be considered a risky activity. In some
sense, opening, accessing, playing, or otherwise touching any file from an unknown source could be considered risky.
The list of issues with media files, archive files, (or more accurately put, the applications that handle them) and the
like is too long to recite, but informative.

---Matthew