Bugtraq mailing list archives

Tool: PorkBind Nameserver Security Scanner

From: super () innu org
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 12:34:54 -0400 (EDT)

In light of the new DNS cache poisoning issue and now that everyone has had plenty of time to apply patches, I've decided to release a new version of my nameserver security scanner called porkbind. It is a multi-threaded nameserver scanner that can recursively query nameservers of subdomains for version strings. (i.e. sub.host.dom's nameservers then host.dom's nameservers) After acquiring the version strings it tests them against version numbers from CERT advisories and reports back to the user. Zone transfer capability is also tested for. It is available for download at:

http://innu.org/~super/tools/porkbind-1.2.tar.gz

- Derek