Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Re: XChat 2.8.4-1 - Multiple Vulnerabilities

From: omnipresent () email it
Date: 29 Mar 2008 17:41:01 -0000

1) Password disclosure
What priviledges on the system do you need to >read that process memory?
With such priviledges, why don't you read the >data directly from the
config file?

You can try to use the evil's ProcessMemoryDumper.

I dumped (and I've obtained user password) the memory from a limited User.

2) Local Dos
Is the build unoficial/unsupported from the XChat >team? Does the same
bug exists in the official builds?

I've not tested the Official release.

You talk about a local dos.. how can a user access >the tray icon of
another user to trigger the crash?

The "bug" was found while I was working in a VPN..

Regards.