Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re[2]: Secunia Research: Adobe Reader JBIG2 Symbol Dictionary Buffer Overflow

From: "Vladimir '3APA3A' Dubrovin" <3APA3A () SECURITY NNOV RU>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 22:55:32 +0300

Dear Eric C. Lukens,

US-CERT  note  TA09-051A  on this issue beeing exploited in-the-wild was
issued on February, 20.

http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA09-051A.html

--Wednesday, March 25, 2009, 10:20:40 PM, you wrote to bugtraq () securityfocus com:

ECL> I noticed that as well, but suspected they were notified via more then
ECL> one mechanism or had already found the bug internally. I find it funny
ECL> that they had the final code ready on the 28th, but still didn't get it
ECL> out to the public for another 2 weeks.  I suppose they ran it through
ECL> one last QA procedure, or they just don't like to deliver things early.

ECL> -Eric

* Secunia Research:

5) Solution

Update to version 7.1.1, 8.1.4, or 9.1.

6) Time Table

06/03/2009 - Vendor notified.
07/03/2009 - Vendor response.
25/03/2009 - Public disclosure.

Something doesn't add up because the 9.1 binary I've got was created
on February 28th, according to Verisign's time stamping signature in
the Authenticode signature.

--
Skype: Vladimir.Dubrovin
~/ZARAZA http://securityvulns.com/