Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: hidden admin user on every HP MSA2000 G3

From: Pavel Kankovsky <peak () argo troja mff cuni cz>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 18:05:41 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 hpdisclosure () anonmail de wrote:

i just found out that there is a hidden user on every HP MSA2000 G3
SAN out there:

username: admin
password: !admin

Confirmed on P2000 G3 (fw L100R013). (Please, HP, is it really
necessary to give us *so many* different reasons to hate you?!)

this user doesnt show up in the user manager, and the password
cannot be changed - looks like the perfect backdoor for everybody.

The user was invisible but I was able to change its password in CLI with
"set password admin password ..." (the change was effective, the old
password was not valid any longer).

--
Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak                          / Jeremiah 9:21        \
"For death is come up into our MS Windows(tm)..." \ 21st century edition /