Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: Y2K10 spamassassin bug, 2010 year mails discared as spam

From: Steve Shockley <steve.shockley () shockley net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:02:16 -0500

On 1/4/2010 9:53 AM, Eduardo Romero wrote:

.- file /usr/share/spamassassin/72_active.cf

According to http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/RuleUpdates, this should probably be /var/lib/spamassassin or something similar, under /var.

.- add score 0 to this rule at /usr/share/spamassassin/50_scores.cf

This should probably go in your local.cf so you don't wipe it out accidentally.

The 'sa-update' options not always works for me.

Yes, on my system it turned out sa-update was working just fine, but some programs were looking at the wrong set of rules so it looked like sa-update wasn't working.