Bugtraq mailing list archives

Re: [The ManageOwnage Series, part X]: 0-day administrator account creation in Desktop Central

From: Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 20:21:58 +0000

On 31 December 2014 at 02:17, Pedro Ribeiro <pedrib () gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

This is part 10 of the ManageOwnage series. For previous parts, see [1].

This time we have a vulnerability that allows an unauthenticated user
to create an administrator account, which can then be used to execute
code on all devices managed by Desktop Central (desktops, servers,
mobile devices, etc).
An auxiliary Metasploit module that creates the administrator account
has been released and its currently awaiting review [2]. I will leave
to someone else the task of creating an exploit that executes code on
all managed devices (it's not hard to write but testing it properly
might take a fair few hours).

I am releasing this as a 0 day as 112 days have elapsed since I first
communicated the vulnerability to ManageEngine. I received many
promises about getting updates but they were very evasive (a
disclosure timeline is at the bottom of this email). The full advisory
text is below, and a copy can be obtained from my repo [3].

Regards,
Pedro

This vulnerability has now been fixed. Upgrade to version 9.0 build
90109 or later. I've updated the advisory in my repo.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pedrib/PoC/master/ManageEngine/me_dc9_admin.txt