Bugtraq mailing list archives

Fwd: Timing attack vulnerability in most Zeus server-sides

From: rotem kerner <nullfield () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 13:27:21 +0200

Hey list,

The vulnerability I've discovered is basically a timing attack which
enable a remote attacker to resolve the length in characters of the
reports directory name by carefully measuring the response time of the
server. While this vulnerability maybe considered as low risk, as well
as found on fraudulent piece of software, I find its nature to be a
very interesting and intriguing case-study which could be of a good
use for future researchers.

And so i share it with you good people -
http://www.kerneronsec.com/2015/10/timing-attack-vulnerability-in-most.html

  -Rotem Kerner