Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Bringing back the funny at so1o's expense

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:10:04 -0800

Dave Aitel wrote:
http://www.oreilly.com/cgi-bin/reviews?bookident=networksa

"Well it's 3:50am on Sunday morning, and I've been talking to Kyle and my editors about some character assassination attempts by an individual who seems hell-bent on branding me as a terrorist. What is funny to me, are the convictions and motives of this anonymous individual, who is part of the GOBBLES group, and responsible for similar character assassination attempts in the past (leading to Ryan Russell's dismissal from SecurityFocus.com, for example). ORA have provided me with a lot of support over this, and my book will be published."
(Attributed to Chris McNab)

Hm? While I can verify that the "character assassination attempts" were made, I got myself fired, thank you very much.

He keeps making reference to being labelled a terrorist as well... I guess that particular "review" has been pulled? Ah yes..

"Just a note of clarification - the "reader review" referred to earlier was deleted because it contained an explicit call to violence and was not in fact a review of the book at all.

Kyle"

Anyone have that one?

There's a reason that Amazon has editors checking posted reviews (at least a token check), and they don't let it turn into a discussion board. :)

                                        BB